Dear all,
I am currently working on a project, part of which involves estimating the scale at
which
pelagic eggs of various commercial fish species aggregate.  Could anyone tell me how
convert lag distances from degrees (of longitude and latitude) to distance in
kilometres
prior to inputting the data into the semivariogram model? Is this performed by
determining the distance from each sampling station to a fixed point, such as the
coast? I
am very new to geostats and would appreciate any help,

Thank you!

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful