Dear list members,
I have calculated the shared edges existing between each of the cover types
(nine in this particular case) of a vector map.
My objective is to determine, on the basis of this shared-edge analysis,
which cover types tend to be associated (adjacent/contiguous/next)to each
other.
A simple table with the length of the shared edges for each two cover types
is not too meaningful. For example, one of the cover types occupies about
70% of total landscape area, and thus the other cover types tend to share
most of their edges with this dominant type. This (total edge shared) does
not imply that there is a significant association (tendency for being
located adjacent in the landscape). I tried to obtain a simple association
measure that considered (corrected for) the effect of the different
abundance of each of the cover types, but I don't feel really confident with
the results I got.
I wonder if there is available any association index or statistical test
that determines whether a positive, negative or non-significant association
exists between two given cover types in the landscape (preferably as derived
from shared edges information). I guess this may be simpler to answer in
raster than in vector spatial data.
Thanks and best regards,
Santiago Saura
--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org