Dear list members,
I have started using geostats only this year and therefore I appologise that my
questions are too basic for this discussion list...
I am using Variowin 2.2 and GeoEAS 1.2.1 to analise my data, and an early
version of Surfer to contour the distribution. However, I've encountered various
problems:
1. When I use latitude and longitude in my DAT file, in what units is the
variogram x-axis (h)?
2. Surfer doesnt understand the grid file created by GeoEAS KRIGE. How do I
transfer my results to surfer (until now, I've used the estimated values from
cross validation to have surfer generate a grid file)?
3. My variogram shows completely different behaviour from distance A to B, than
for distance B to C. I've tried fitting various nested models, but I havent been
able to come out with a good fit for the whole variogram. Is it possible to
analise A-B data separately from B-C data?

Thanks,
Carolina

Carolina Garcia Imhof
Marine Mammal Research Group
Marine Science Department
310 Castle Street, PO Box 56
University of Otago
Dunedin, New Zealand

Fax: 64 3 479 8336
Phone: 64 3 479 5476
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful