Dear list

I am currently working with spatial interpolation of geophysical
data. Each observation is associated with an individual and known standard
deviation. How should this infomation be incorporated if I want to use
ordinary kriging for interpolation ?? My idea was the following:

When finding the vector of weights (w) by solving the system of linear
equations A*w=b, I would exchange the zeros in the diagonal of the
A-matrix with the individual observation variances. Does this sound
reasonable ??

Best regards / Venlig hilsen

Søren Lophaven
Master of Science in Engineering        |  Ph.D. student
Informatics and Mathematical Modelling  |  Building 321, Room 011
Technical University of Denmark         |  2800 kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  |  http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~snl
Telephone: +45 45253419                 |