>G'day all,
>
>I reckon we need to quantify the reliability of the kriging variance map.
Because sometimes its going to be an accurate map, and other times its
going to be way off the mark.

>Imagine the situation when there are two maps with similar kriging
variances. However when we look at the semivariagram fit one of them
closely follow the line of fit while the other has a much larger scatter.
This means that one of the maps is actually much more accurate then the
other.

Statistically, your question is related to the fact that the covariance
matrix from the fit of the variogram model is usually disregarded in
subsequent analyses. Some time ago i asked about this discarding of the
variogram parameters covariance matrix and geostatisticians replied that
this source of uncertainty was usually less important than other problems
and should not be of much importance.
Rubén
http://webmail.udec.cl

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful