On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Monica wrote:

> I would like  to calculate the significance level of each  Moran īs I value in
> a correlogram.
> The Gs+ program only calculate the global significance of the correlogram
> but not of each class in the correlogram. There is a package software
> called "R" that calculate it but operate only in Mac system.
> So, I would like to know if there is any software (in windows system) that
> calculate it.

One possible solution is to use R (cran.r-project.org) - the "other" R,
and its contributed package spdep. There is additional learning overhead
involved, and at present the sp.correlogram() function for Moran's I just
reports the values of the estimated statistics for each lag, but can be
easily changed to plot +/- 1 or 2 * sqrt(var(I)). Going from there to
"significance" would depend on adjusting the p-values because multiple
tests are being made on the same (overlapping) data. If you would describe
your research problem a little more, I can see whether the functionality
you need can be added to the function.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful