Title: SA using GSLIB

Dear all,

I have a question concerning the simulated annealing module within GSLIB (f77v2 and f90). I'm using kilometers as units with grid spacing of 0.5 km and wanted a reproduction of the variogram up to a distance of 20 km. The range is 10 km. However for different nlags set in the parameter file (e.g. 20, 40, 80,120) the debugging file reports variogram values (actual and model) much lower than expected. In the debugging file the model variogram does not reach the sill not even with nlags=120. How is "nlags" interpreted and what is reported in the debug file?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Regards
Uwe

Dr. Uwe Haberlandt
Ruhr University Bochum
Institute for Hydrology, Water Management
and Environmental Engineering
Universitätsstraße 150
44780 Bochum
Germany