From: Steven Citron-Pousty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 9:47 AM
To: Ellen De Beuckeleer
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: AI-GEOSTATS: programming ArcView GIS

Ellen:
AV8 use Visual Basic for Applications. There are really no good books
out yet on programming in AV8, but plenty of good books on VBA.
The geostats module for AV8 is actually quite good. I met one of the
lead developers at the ESRI user conference and it seems like ESRI
actually got their act together on this one. Not perfect mind you, but
still better than I expected from them.
Hope this helps,
Steve

Ellen De Beuckeleer wrote:

> Dear List-members,
>
> How can I program applications for ArcView GIS?
>
> The book "Statistical Analysis with ArcView GIS", by Jay Lee and David
> Wong comes with some example scripts, which have file extension .apr.
> Unfortunately these files only work with 3.x version of ArcView. I am
> using version 8 and for my PHD I would like to learn how to program
> applications for ArcView GIS, especially the Moran I Index.
>
> In which language are .apr files constructed? Are there any good books
> concerning this issue? Where do I start.
>
> Greets,
>
> Ellen

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful

the views of the company.

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful