Dear ai-geostats.

My question relates to change of support from a point estimate to a block estimate using the affice or log normal corrections. I understand both these methods require the calculation of variance adjustment factor 'f' that is derived from the dispersion variance of points within a block and the data variance. Specifically 'f' is the ratio of the block variance (data variance - the point within block variance) to the point variance (of the data).

No the question I have is how does 'f' value accommodate the fact that a point estimate from kriging has a lower variance than the data (from which 'f' is calculated) ? Should I compute 'f' then scale it somehow to account for the variance reduction in the point estimates to the data variance ?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/default.asp

-- * To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED] * As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions. * To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list * Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org