On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Susan King wrote:
> I would like to have algorithms for converting lat/long into different
> projections (albers, utm).

You might check out http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/ which has source
and documentation for PROJ.4, map projection software. I think the source
is in C and you would probably have to dig for the algorithms, unless they
are in the documentation.

Sorry but I haven't looked at PROJ.4 in a long time. I normally refer to a
book by John Snyder, "Map Projections-- A Working Manual" which was
published by USGS as "USGS Professional Paper 1395" in 1987. But that
isn't online and I'm not sure it is available anymore.

HTH a little,

jim b
------
Jim Bash, Associate Director                Internet : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CAGIS  (m/c 092)                            Phone (W): 312/996-6367
Program in Geography, Dept of Anthropology  Fax      : 312/996-6343
University of Illinois at Chicago
1007 W. Harrison St, Rm 2102 BSB            URL      : http://www.cagis.uic.edu/
Chicago, IL  60607-7138

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful