Title: RE: AI-GEOSTATS: Moran scatterplot

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Bellamy
Sent: 28 November 2003 13:57
To: 'Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy'
Subject: RE: AI-GEOSTATS: Moran scatterplot

Dear Monica

I think it would be worth looking at the following papers as it should give a way of estimating the spatial correlation robustly without having to ignore some of the outliers.

Lark, R.M.  2000. A comparison of some robust estimators of the variogram for use in soil survey. European Journal of Soil Science, 51, 137--157.

Lark, R.M.  2002.  Modelling complex soil properties as contaminated regionalized variables. Geoderma.  106,  171--188.

Murray Lark and I have been using these robust estimators on soil contamination data.

Yours

Pat

Mrs Pat Bellamy B.Sc. M.Sc.
Statistician/Computer Analyst
National Soil Resources Institute (NSRI),
Cranfield University at Silsoe,
Silsoe,Bedfordshire,
MK45 4DT,
UK
Tel.: +44.(0)1525.863260 (direct)
Fax.: +44.(0)1525.863253
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/nsri/

Conference: Controlling the loss of soil to water
To be held at The Geological Society, London on Jan 21st 2004
For more information please visit:
<http://www.silsoe.cranfield.ac.uk/nsri/conference/bgrg>
Conference: The role of vegetation in environmental protection: Theory
and best practice
To be held at NSRI, Silsoe between March 24-26th 2004. For more
information please visit:
http://www.silsoe.cranfield.ac.uk/rpm_conference/
The NSRI is a new Institute that provides research, teaching, training
and consultancy in all aspects of the sustainable management of land and
soil resources both in the UK and internationally