Your first and second paragraphs seem to contradict.  If you are asking for an algorithm to simplify a given TIN model that has flat areas modeled with too many triangles, then consider Michael Garland's QSlim program. (http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/garland/www/multires/software.html )

Steven Zoraster
-----Original Message-----
From: Ines [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear List Members,
I am just writing a quick mail to ask if anyone know a methodology to eliminate the flat area on a TIN elevation model.
I have already used the insertion of a new elevation points in the flat area the model is improved, but the results is not satisfactory,[Steve Zoraster]   can I do improve more and more the tin model??''

Many thanks for your time.

Best regards,

ines