Hi list. The first sorry about my english.

I have a beginner and basic question.
I want to analyze the semivariogram of rainfall data in certain study area (i have about 71 data points).
I have also 200 data points of the surrounding area that is not of my interest.
The question is: ¿could i make a better and more realistic interpretation of the data in my study area if i make a semivariogram of all the 271 data points together?. Obviously, the semivariogram of the 271 points would have a more regional sense, but it so probably will introduce regional trends and the subjacent pattern (range, sill...) will be quite different from the pattern if i only use the 71 data points about the area of interest, but on the other hand, this extra data points will make a best fit on the edge limits of the study area.

How should i present  the problem about what data points i need to use?

Javier Lastra Fernández

INDUROT
Sistemas de Información Geográfica
Campus de Mieres, 33600. Mieres