Hello list,

I have read a thesis where the author consider the matrix W=1-Dij/max(Dij) (Dij is the distance between site i and j) as a spatial weight matrix for spatial analysis purposes (e.g. Moran's I).
I am looking for other references dealing with spatial weighting matrix based on distance.
Functions such as 1/dij, 1-dij^2/max(dij^2).... can also be considered.
I am looking for applications using these kind of matrices or papers which provide some comparisons between these different options.

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely.
Stéphane DRAY

Département des Sciences Biologiques
Université de Montréal, C.P. 6128, succursale centre-ville
Montréal, Québec H3C 3J7, Canada

Tel : 514 343 6111 poste 1233
E-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Web http://www.steph280.freesurf.fr/

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful