I have a question about an excercise I found in "Practical geostatistics" (Isobel Clark).
In chapter 4 they look at the estimation variance of some, theoretical, examples.
One of the examples is a 2D panel (30m at 40m). They use the average grade of two drives, (one along the side of 30 m en one along the side of 40m) to estimate the value inside the panel. (for those who has a texbook the excercise is on pages 80-84).

I found it a bit strange to use samples with different lengths? And why doesn't they get different weights in the formula for the estimation variance?
So even when you have a more extreme case where you have a 1m by 40 m panel you should not taking in account this difference in length of the two drives?

Thanks,
Annelies

* To unsubscribe to ai-geostats, send the following in the subject or in the
body (plain text format) of an email message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Signoff ai-geostats