Dear all
a banal question...
I'm not able to understand the stationarity of covariance in second order
stationarity theory...
On any book or article I can read:
....covariance between Z(x) e Z(x+h) exist and does not depend on x, but only
on h; in fact
Cov[Z(x),Z(x+h)]=Cov(h)....
It is considered so banal that in any text I consulted this part is described
with the same sentence...but it is not explicated via mathematical formalism....
Why should E[Z(x)Z(x+h)]-m^2 be so logically reduced to Cov(h)
You'll laugh for my request, but I'm not able to understand why it should be so
logical....
In some text I found also...=Cov(x1-x2)=Cov(h) where distance between x1 and x2
is exactly h, but it does not help me to understand it....
I can't realize how to calculate Cov(h) that is a variable (it is in reality at
least a vector of constant), when usually covariance is calculated between two
variables....
Please have the patience to help me to solve this trick
Thanks
Simone
Dr. Simone Sammartino
PhD student