Hi All,

I am performing estimation for Ni as a penalty element to our main ore, using nested spherical correlogram models. One of these shows abundant and robust experimental data reaching a plateau at gamma = 0.90, and is thus modelled in such a way that the sill of this spherical model is at 0.9, instead of at 1.00.

I’m not sure of this, but is there a strict requirement that the sill differentials and nugget need to sum to 1.00 for estimation purposes. I use Vulcan (effectively GSLIB) for estimation. If it is a requirement that they add to 1.00, it has been suggested that I could scale the nugget and sill to a value of 1, but I’m not sure exactly how to do this.

Does anyone have any comments and/or suggestions?

Regards,

Colin

This e-mail and its attachments, is confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, distribution or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please note that any information expressed in this message or its attachments is not given or endorsed by Lisheen Mine unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independently of this message. Lisheen Mine does not accept responsibility for the contents of this message and although it has been scanned for viruses Lisheen Mine will not accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of a virus being passed on.