To: JW
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Re: generalize kriging variance to average-based estimators different than

Dear Jan W Merks
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
I have a simple question that should be a piece of cake for such great expert like You.
For a set of N input samples I can do by kriging the only ONE estimate and compute kriging variance for this single estimate.  So, why do You call the kriging variance the “variance of some set of kriged estimates”? or “variance of a set of distance-weighted averages” et al ?
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
Best Regards
Tomasz Suslo

Do you Yahoo!?