Hi Julián,

To your bullet point 2:

In 2004 Pawlowsky-Glahn and Olea published a book on compositional data
(sum-to-one):

Pawlowsky-Glahn, Vera; Olea, Richardo A. 2004. Geostatistical Analysis
of Compositional Data. International Association for mathematical
geology. Studies in Mathematical Geology no. 7. Oxford University
Press.

Might be of interest.

Best regards,

Steinar