Hello list, If anyone has any experience, insight or suggestions on the following point pattern analysis software problem it will be greatly appreciated.

I was using SPPA2.0 for analysis of tree stem locations and I noticed a potential problem that I did not see explained in any information available about the program.

When I open my data file SPPA displays a scatter plot of the points, but the data on the y axis are inverted. The axis is labeled correctly, but the data do not plot according to the labels. For example, in a 10x10 plot a y coordinate of 8 is plotted as a 2, and a coordinate of 1 is plotted as a 9.

Does anyone know if this is just a problem with this graph, or a more serious problem affecting data analysis? It seems it shouldn't make a difference in the results as long as the relative locations are correct.

Also, I have not been able to find any contact information for Peter Haase or the SPPA web page. Does anyone know what happened to his web resources?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jim Hayes
Indiana University Dept. of Geography

+