Yes, but the problem with averaging the data in the cell is that the average
has a different standard deviation, depending on the layout of the sampling
within each cell.

  So, if you decluster by averaging each cell you can end up with a set of
cells which all come from different distributions -- same mean but different
variance. Not stationary at all! Better to select one sample from each cell.

  Isobel
  http://www.kriging.com

Digby Millikan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
         You have to uncluster the data e.g. in resource exploration programs
often more sampling takes place
  in the higher grade zones, so this has to be compensated for by using an
equal amount of sample
  data from each area. If two samples are taken at one location it makes sense
to average them, and
   if the data is normally distributed and stationariay the data within each
cell is normally distributed
  so the average of that cell, is the mean of the data within it?