Peter

  Sorry, that "couple of days" turned into five weeks!

  I have put the addenda to the lognormal paper up as images at:

  http://www.kriging.com/publications/SAIMM_87_addenda.htm

  The one you are interested in is probably Addendum 2, with Sichel's maximum
likelihood theory.

  I will put a proper link on the publications page when I get time. If you
have any queries, come back to me.

  All the best
  Isobel

Peter Bossew wrote:
    Thanks Isobel for the very fast reply. There is no hurry... I am just
curious because I never heard about Sichel's t before.

Anyhow, my impression is that altogether the lognormal distribution is
less trivial a thing than it may appear at first glance. (I am currently
working on a paper about automatic identification of extrema / spatially: hot
spots, by exploiting the differences of estimating the lognorm parameters from
the data and from the moments, respectively.)

Peter