Hi Abani,
What you say is quite correct, but it depends on your criteria for
differentiation between measured and indicated resources. As a rough rule of
thumb we take the lag distance at two thirds of the of the variogram value
(minus nugget) as being a good search distance from a minimum permissable
number of samples to be a good guide to decide whether a block is measured or
indicated. If one has calculated the kriging variance at this point, one can
then define all the blocks (or estimated points) with less than this kriging
variance as measured, and those with greater kriging variance value as
indicated. However generally one cannot take indicated resources beyond a
search distance greater than the range of the variogram, because beyond that
point all samples get equal weighting just as in using the arithmetic average
and pairs have no corralation. The beauty of using the kriging variance
contours to define the limits of the categories is that it mimics the
anisotropy  of the variography smoothly, whereas on number of samples alone,
the shape of the sampling grid tends to be the only governing criteria. Maybe
to study your two cases one should manufacture the equivalent experimental
variogram model of your correlogram and then model it and see if the two cut
off points for measured resources differ. Seeing as your measured resources for
the second model were greater in extent, I would say that the lag distance
point of the cut off would be longer.
One should follow this up on a dummy data base of actuals, to see if your cut
off point for measured was reasonable (One could regress the Estimates
calculated from a sparse grid with the actuals). Points or blocks estimated
from samples at distances beyond the range of the variogram are usually
categorised as inferred.
Summarising, because your variogram range is shorter, your total measured plus
indicated resources will be less in the second model, but your measured
resources will be more.
Further sometimes the variogram model of a longer range model starts off
increasing at a steeper rate than the short range model only to flatten out and
start increasing at a lower rate than the short range model (ie anisotropically
speaking). I am still looking for examples to explain the reason for this, but
suspect it is anisotropy direction at short distances between pairs of samples
is over ruled by the anosotropy direction at greater distances between pairs of
samples due to some phenominum or process in nature. One can follow this up by
creating a regularised grid of the random point samples and see what happens to
the anisotropy of the variogram model made from this.
Another thought is that your second model could have been less anisotropic than
your first (ie more elliptical search radius) and therefore more measured
estimates were created.
Hope this helps. I am not sure whether  my first communication came through, so
I am resending this with cc AI-geostats.

I think I am having trouble with your address, so I am hoping that AI-geostats
sends this on to you.

Best regards

Bill Northrop