Hi Olumide

  You will find the basic kriging system for Multi-variable Universal
Co-kriging in our definitive 1987 paper which can be viewed or downloaded from
the web at:

  http://www.kriging.com/publications/Battelle1987

  Our thought was that interdependent trends would be adequately handled by
including both trends in the co-kriging system.

  Isobel

Olumide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi -

On page 312 of "Geostatistics: modeling spatial uncertainty" the authors
Chiles and Delfiner discuss algebraic dependence between drift
coefficients of a primary and secondary variable, in the simplest case.
Under what typical conditions can such an assumption about drifts be
made? In the case of terrain data for example, where the height is the
primary variable and the slope or gradient the secondary variable. Are
the drift coefficients of both variables ... erm ... dependent? And why.

Ultimately, I'm trying to work out the cokriging equation for such a
problem.

Thanks,

- Olumide

+