Andrea

  We use Cressie's goodness of fit statistic which allows for number of pairs
and other factors in semi-veriogram fitting. You can find a paper of his in
Methematical Geology around 1992, or in his book. It is also illustrated in our
free tutorial material at www.kriging.com

  Isobel

Andrea Sciarretta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                Hi,
  I’m working on variogram modelling and in the majority of cases only R2 is
available to evaluate the best-fit values, but in cases of non-linear
functions, it is very criticized.
   Are there other standard methods to evaluate the goodness of a fit of a
non-linear function (for example asymptotic confidence intervals) and how to
calculate them, considering that the majority of geostatistical software do not
perform any alternative coefficient?
  Thank you
  Andrea