Dear list,

Some people used the range of variogram to optimize the drillhole spacing and
radius of resource classification of a deposit. But as we knew that the nugget
ratio (nugget variance/total sill) of variogram could vary to be low (<25%),
medium (25-50%), high (50-75%), and extremely high (>75%).

So how can we define the correct range related to the such types of nugget
ratio? In my opinion when the nugget ratio is low, then our variogram range is
robust, but how for the others? When the nugget ratio is extremely high, then
the range is almost none. Is there a mathematical relationship between nugget
effect or nugget ratio with the range of variogram?

Looking forward to the suggestions and references from the list. Thank you for
attention.

Best regards, ---------------
M. Nur Heriawan
Earth Resources Exploration Research Group
Faculty of Mining and Petroleum Engineering
Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB)
Jl. Ganesha 10 Bandung 40132 INDONESIA
http://www.mining.itb.ac.id/heriawan

+