Does VIET OCR work on windows?

From: Ai [mailto:ai-boun...@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in] On Behalf Of
Nirmal Verma via Ai
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 6:51 AM
To: Share, empower &Enrich
Cc: Nirmal Verma; Prashanth MN
Subject: Re: [Ai] I have become sighted that too with no cost.

Dear All

To use Tesseract you need a Global User Interface. For this you can download
Viet OCR which i find good. After installing VietOcr, there in the software you
will have the option to import more languages. You can select hindi and
download hindi trained data. Thats it, you are ready to go. You can start using
it immediately.

Nirmal

On 21 Jul 2017 00:04, "Prashanth MN via Ai"
<ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in<mailto:ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>>
wrote:
At Mr. Nirmal. could you give more information about tesseract  based Hindi OCR?

On 7/20/17, Nirmal Verma via Ai
wrote:
> Rather than questioning the subject line lets see the solution. Lets find
> out how we can install it under windows environment and take the work
> forward.
> Nice job sathyan. Congratulations.
>
> For readers information I would like to tell you that hindi OCR based on
> tesseract is working great at the moment. Those interested can try it out.
>
> Nirmal
>

> On 20 Jul 2017 18:56, "Kakarla Nageswaraiah via Ai" <
> ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in<mailto:ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>>
>  wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> I don't find fault with his expression of the term 'sighted' in the
> subject.  Maybe, he couldn't control his emotions like anxiety while
> wishing to share his experiences with us.
> Regards
>

> On 7/20/17, Akash Kakkar via Ai
> <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in<mailto:ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>>
>  wrote:
>> Completely misleading title of the post. It also sounds a big hype
>> creating and advertising post
>>
>> On 7/20/17, Asudani, Rajesh via Ai
>> <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in<mailto:ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in>>
>> wrote:
>>> Of course.
>>> Such misleading headlines should not be used.
>>> Besides, if it is a linux based tool, will most of us using windows be
>>> able
>>> to use it?

"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds"
Francis Bacon

With regards:
Prashanth MN
Panchayat Development Officer,
Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department