On 10.01.14 17:41, Vadim Bobrov wrote:
good catch, that's a bug in the actor ref resolution in channels. Ticket created <https://www.assembla.com/spaces/akka/tickets/3814-actor-ref-resolution-in-channels-doesn-t-preserve-order>.

    Thanks for reporting.

Anytime :)

Here is one more fact that I learned from this example - messages in mailboxes are not preserved by processors, correct? That is a message is not saved until it is picked up by Receive handler.

Yes, when a processor's receive is called with a Persistent message, you can be sure that is has been successfully persisted. On persistence failure, a PersistenceFailure message is received instead.

And to make sure messages that don't make it to Receive handler by the time of failure are preserved I must use a persistent channel, correct?

In general, a reply from a processor indicates to a Persistent message sender that the message has been successfully persisted. If the sender gets a reply from handling a PersistenceFailure message or no reply (timeout), it has to resend the Persistent message.

There are numerous ways (impl options) for resending messages. Using a channel is only one.

--
Martin Krasser

blog:    http://krasserm.blogspot.com
code:    http://github.com/krasserm