I use version 2.2.3. I can see the failing node being flagged as
unreachable and then as quarantined by the surviving nodes, I think that
means it is correctly downed? I have akka.loglevel and akka,stdout-loglevel
at DEBUG, but it is not very clear what to look for. For example, it is not
clear to me how to see if the Send() that suffers a timeout actually leaves
the client at all, or if it arrives at any receptionist, or if that
receptionist then succeeds in contacting a destination actor. How do I
diagnose where it fails?

T.