I don't think there is anything to support. May be Akka-eng will chime in,
but IMHO Akka is not a product but a library and a framework which allows
you to build products. Git is a product and in theory you can easily
emulate its architecture using Akka.
Also, what Akka does provide is akka-persistence module which essentially
allows you to preserve/persist the state of the mailbox, so it could be
replayed (restored) for messages that didn't get a chance to process before
system went down. So you may want to look at it and see if this is
something that fits your use case.

Cheers
Oleg