You can use deleteMessages to delete all messages up to a specified
sequence number. I would not use it too eagerly, since the information in
the history can be valuable in itself, but that is of course depending on
the application.

/Patrik

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:39 PM, <dpenn...@good-cloud.com> wrote:

> I would assume that a common scenario is to periodically snapshot state
> and keep 1 or more snapshots.  In this case, I assume that as you delete
> older snapshots, you would also delete messages older than the snapshot
> from the journal in order to keep the journal from growing indefinitely.
>
> Is this a typical usage or am I missing something?  I don't see anything
> in the code that automatically does this (and I didn't really expect to
> given the general flexibility theme of the framework).  However, I don't
> see anything in the documentation that alludes to any other use of
> deleteMessage other than in dealing with exceptions.
>
> -david

Patrik Nordwall
Typesafe <http://typesafe.com/> -  Reactive apps on the JVM
Twitter: @patriknw