Thanks Konrad -

I have an app that launches cluster members by ssh-ing into each box and
running a script.

The launcher app is joining the cluster to simplify the logic of knowing
when everything is up.  I had a different actor system name for the
launcher because it's a different app.  But it's not a big deal to have it
use the same actor system name.

I'm probably going to move away from having the launcher join the cluster
because there is a lot of log noise when the launcher app completes and
leaves the cluster.

Ideally you could subscribe to cluster events without actually joining the
cluster, from a launching or monitoring perspective.

What I'll probably do is just send an Identify to an actor that should be
living after the cluster member starts successfully.

-- Eric