Hello,

We're running a distributed app on AWS using an Akka cluster v2.2.3.
A typical config for one of the nodes is below:

akka {
loglevel = WARNING
stdout-loglevel = WARNING
loggers = ["akka.event.slf4j.Slf4jLogger"]
actor {
provider = "akka.cluster.ClusterActorRefProvider"
}
cluster {
seed-nodes =
["akka.tcp://TestCluster@10.0.1.9:9010","akka.tcp://TestCluster@10.0.10.173:9011"]
auto-down = on
failure-detector.threshold = 12
acceptable-heartbeat-pause = 6 s
}
remote {
transport = "akka.remote.netty.NettyRemoteTransport"
netty.tcp {
port = 9010
}
}
}

The 2 cluster seeds are in different availability zones.  I read somewhere
in the docs that bumping failure-detector.threshold to
12 was recommended for AWS.

For a long time this setup worked pretty well, with only occasional (once
monthly?) instances of one of the nodes falling out of the cluster.
As the system became busier this 'cluster-drop' has become a nightly
occurrence.  CPU runs stable at around 20-30% on the box.
Memory is flat.

Any ideas what kinds of things can cause this?  Does my config look sane
for an AWS deployment (m3.large instances)?
I'm launching a cluster soon on Akka 2.3.2, so I'm eager to see if there
have been changes/improvements that would
help this as well.