This posting is somewhat related to my earlier topic titled “Recovery
following node failure”, which focused on replay of event following
processor failure due to VM crash.  Even though this question is related to
the topic of recovery from failure, it is framed in context of on-the-fly
redistribution of failed event.  Please, excuse some duplication here...

We are building large CQRS system utilizing Akka-persistence with cluster
sharding in akka-contrib, deploying multiple EventsourcedProcessors
distributed on several cluster nodes.  I’d like to know how to best
redistribute an event in case of node failure.  When the processor handling
an event crashes along with the VM it is running on, how could we assure
immediate re-distribution of the event to another healthy node?  Assume
that the event has been successfully persisted in the event store by the
processor before failure occurred.

A) could this be done w/o restarting the failed node?  Since the event was
successfully persisted in the event store prior to crash, it would
automatically be replayed upon node restart - assumption.
B) if answer to A) is YES, could this be done w/o use of channels and/or
confirmation?  How else would parent actor know whether the event has been
processed completely when node failure occurred?
C) if failed processor completed its tasks partially before failure
occurred, would automatic re-distribution of the event by parent actor or
sharing coordinator be possible? If so, is there any support in akka for
tracking progress of event processing (state of completion) by the child
actor?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Cheers,
~g