Hi,

Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2014 13:34:50 UTC+2 schrieb Konrad Malawski:

> How about extracting the actor’s behaviour to a trait, and test that trait
> for the expected throw behaviour using plain old ScalaTest
> `intercept[Exception] { … }`, would it make sense in your case or are the
> interactions “very relying on the thing being an actor”?

right, that's an option I did not think of before. I think that could work.

However, you actually got me thinking about my particular design and
whether a thrown Exception should be part of the "API" of an actor at all.
Maybe the fact that I can' properly test this is indeed just a consequence
of a bad design in that particular case. I assume that's what you meant in
your first response with "you usually don't interact with actors in that
way"?

Thanks so far!

Carsten