Hi Sam,

I don't know a way by using the akka-camel consumer, but you can get to
camel via the CamelExtension.

   1. val camel = CamelExtension(system)
   2. val consumerTemplate = camel.context.createConsumerTemplate()
   3. val message =
   camel.context.createConsumerTemplate().receiveNoWait("activemq:youQueue")
   4. if(message == null) // no message
   5. else //message

This will consume one message if there is any. Create a scheduler to
perform this every 5 seconds. I haven't tried this could, but this is what
I would try.

Cheers,
Jeroen