Hi Rohit,

this is not akka specific and this is how IP works. If you bind to
localhost IP (127.0.0.1) then you receive packets sent to that IP address,
which are packets sent from the same machine. If you bind to some LAN
address (ex. 192.168.1.1) then you will receive packets sent to that IP
address which could be packets sent from the same machine, our from a
machine in your local network.

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Rohit Kumar Gupta <
rohitkumargupt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does akka treat loopback address (127.0.0.1) and actual ip address
> differently. If I run the cluster on the same m/c (different processes) it
> seems I have to use one or the other for consistency (in the akka remote
> configuration) else things do not work.
>
> This is causing the configuration file to be different for different m/c
> when I open the cluster to other boxes.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Rohit