Thanks for quick answer.

So the journal plugin has to get and serialize the payload of
PersistentRepr for readable format, then nullify it in PersistentRepr, then
serialize PersistentRepr, and store both serialization result side by side ?

The "nullify" part scary me, probably duplication is better.

I have some concerns about durability of "core business data" which the
journal is. I fear that data became unreadable without the help of akka
because "business data" if wrapped in binary technical data.
Also for debugging business state, being able to have the journal in a
readable format is a major advantage.