Yup, exactly :-)

Happy hakking!

On 3 August 2014 at 20:34:29, Soumya Simanta (soumya.sima...@gmail.com) wrote:

Thanks Konard. I'll stick with 2.3.4 for now and upgrade once I have more
experience and need in the future.

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:06:34 PM UTC-4, Konrad Malawski wrote:
Hello Soumya,
If you’re just getting started, stick to the released versions - such as 2.3.4
:-)

Also, persistence is developed and updated as part of the 2.3 release cycle,
new features will be available within 2.3 - no need to rush to 2.4 just yet :-)

While we do publish (timestamped) snapshots to repo.akka.io I don’t see why you
would need to use it unless specifically testing against some fix introduced in
HEAD.

The cassandra plugin (and anyone who implemented the 2.3.4 API) is binary
compatible with 2.3.4 and source compatible with 2.3.x.
This is only because persistence is an experimental module, and under active
development (and adjustments based on community feedback),
normally we do guarantee 2.3.x modules to be binary compatible within 2.3, but
not with 2.4.

​