Hi Endre,
I was using 2.3.3 -- Let me run with 2.3.4 if it makes a difference
thx
-Syed

On Thursday, August 7, 2014 1:19:29 AM UTC-7, drewhk wrote:

> Hi Syed,
>
> As the very first step, can you tell us what is the Akka version you are
> using? If it is not Akka 2.3.4, please try to upgrade to 2.3.4 and see if
> the issue still remains.
>
> -Endre
>

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM, Ryan Tanner <ryan....@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> When those large messages are received, what's supposed to happen?  It's
>> possible that whatever processing is triggered by that message is so CPU
>> intensive that Akka's internal remoting can't get any time for its own
>> messages.
>>

>> On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 12:08:20 PM UTC-6, Syed Ahmed wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Im new to Akka/Akka Remoting..
>>>
>>> We need to send large messages in the order 500-600MB. After viewing and
>>> checking some mailer post I found that I have to change Akka Remote netty
>>> tcp settings which I did and my application.conf has the following...
>>>
>>>  remote {
>>>             transport = "akka.remote.netty.NettyRemoteTransport"
>>>             netty.tcp {
>>>               hostname = "<ip address of host>"
>>>               port = 2553
>>>                   maximum-frame-size = 524288000
>>>                    send-buffer-size= 500000000
>>>                    receive-buffer-size=500000000
>>>             }
>>>           }
>>>
>>> I create a client and remote server app using akka-remoting. Using
>>> protobuff message serialization -- a client sends a large message to server
>>> and the server acknowledges with the timestamp when it received after
>>> deserialized the same.
>>>
>>> With above settings things work fine for messages upto 200MB. When I try
>>> slightly large message 250MB.. The server shows the following ..
>>>
>>> ---
>>> [INFO] [08/05/2014 23:41:39.302]
>>> [RemoteNodeApp-akka.remote.default-remote-dispatcher-4]
>>> [akka.tcp://RemoteNodeApp@<remote-ip>:2552/system/transports/
>>> akkaprotocolmanager.tcp0/akkaProtocol-tcp%3A%2F%
>>> 2FRemoteNodeApp%40<remote_ip>%3A36922-1] No response from remote.
>>> Handshake timed out or transport failure detector triggered.
>>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> and the client shows the following
>>>
>>> [WARN] [08/05/2014 23:41:39.326]
>>> [LocalNodeApp-akka.remote.default-remote-dispatcher-6]
>>> [akka.tcp://LocalNodeApp@<client_ip>:2553/system/endpointManager/