среда, 13 августа 2014 г., 12:05:48 UTC+4 пользователь √ написал:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Evgeniy Ostapenko <sml...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>>   ":-) But the implementation of Producer could be from N different
>> libraries."
>> Concretization given type of Producer can be useful:)
>>

> What do you mean?

```
val producer: Producer[_] = getUnknownProducerFromOtherLibrary..
val concreteProducer: Producer[_] = ProducerWithKnownSettings(producer,
settings)
or
implicit class RichProducer[T](producer: Producer[T]) {
    def withSettings(settings: StreamSettings): Producer[T] =
ProducerWithKnownSettings(producer, settings)
}
val concreteProducer = producer withSettings
StreamSettings(exceptionHandler = log.error("...", _))
```

>>> I'm still not sure what and who needs what properties and why it is
>>> useful, do you have a concrete example?
>>>

>> I was started simple project which use stream settings. Now it is only
>> proof of concept. But I think this can be "concrete example". And I am
>> sorry for project name - I will be rename it anyway. I not sure, whether I
>> need private[akka] classes in that project or not - so a package name is
>> "akka" now.
>>

> So if I understand your example, it is useful for things your particular
> library that adds features that were not intended for akka-streams? I'm not
> sure that's a good enough selling point for the feature request.

Yes, a lot of features from my library not intended for akka-streams. But I
think saving consistency inside "zip" and sometimes after "merge"
transformations is important for akka-streams also. Otherwise from user
side you must always remember about consistency and work with that
transformations very carefully. Also a few settings can be effectively
fixed in low level code - for example instead wrapping each transformations
in Try block on top of akka-streams it possible to wrap only next event
generator.

And thank you for your answers again:)