AKKA is really Awesome! framework! wonderful!
I'm recently learning AKKA-scala in depth.
Among the AKKA functionalities, "DistributedPubSubExtension" seems to very
good for me because I'm designing scalable chat server system.
But I have some question about DistributedPubSubExtension when using it for
huge number of topics(chat-room) that dynamically created, subscribed
published, unsubscribed in real time by huge number of chat users.
DistributedPubSubExtension seems to use gossip protocol to share remote
ActorRefs(publishers, subscribers) among AKKA cluster nodes.
With gossip-interval config. option, we can set gossip message time
interval.
I'm concerned about network overhead and computing performance for sharing
topic membership data with gossip message(in every-seconds) for the case of
huge number of topics on large cluster(e.g 100+ nodes) and huge number of
dynamic change of pub-sub member ship status by huge number of chat users..

I'm thinking on two plan for implementing scalable chat server using AKKA.
1. using DistributedPubSubExtension
2. user-chatroom membership data is retrieved from DB and find peer user
session actors and send messages by "ActorSelection"

(for case 1, user-chatroom membership data is also stored in backend DB)

Please give me some guide :D