I am studying the Akka framework (Java) and building a crawler (which,
hopefully, will be open source in the coming months...). I've create some
low-level actors which will be responsible to effectively crawl over data
sources and return the found data as a message. This actors are running
inside an akka router as I currently can’t make non-blocking calls over my
data sources (this solution is suggested in akka documentation). One of the
cool features of the framework is that I can simply configure how the
routers works in configuration files, which makes easier to change my
system’s behavior. I.e.:

akka.actor.deployment {
>   /"*"/querierRouter {
>     router = balancing-pool
>     nr-of-instances = 50
>   }

This configuration worked fine in my simpler unit test. The akka system was
capable to identify the configuration and associated it to the desired
router. However, as my application increased in complexity, different paths
from different sizes were created and both of them reach to this router.
Currently, I’ve paths like this (simplified version):

akka://CRAWLER/user/$a/$a/RESOURCE_PROCESSOR/$a/QUERY/querierRouter

Which the Akka system is unable to find the correct configuration, sending
the following message:

> akka.ConfigurationException: Configuration missing for router
> [akka://CRAWLER/user/$a/$a/RESOURCE_PROCESSOR/$a/QUERY/querierRouter]
> in 'akka.actor.deployment' section.

I have searched the documentation but did not found any information about a
solution for this. So, my question is: how can I specify a configuration
that is valid for ANY path that ends with “querierRouter”? In my mind, this
is mandatory to make it viable (as the path can vary dynamically). Or did I
miss something? I have to isolate my blocking threads into a router to
avoid blocks inside my actor system but I do not know how to configure this
router in a situation which many kinds of actors could ask for data.

Thanks in advance.