I asked about this on spray-user, but thought I'd try here since this list
rocks and it relates to Akka and an Activator template.

I'm wondering how one would make this:

https://github.com/NET-A-PORTER/spray-actor-per-request/blob/master/src/main/scala/com/netaporter/routing/PerRequest.scala

more generic. In the sample, the messages are assumed to extend a trait
RestMessage, which in the sample is part of the domain package. I don't
suppose that's a great burden, and it doesn't have to be part of the domain
package, but I wondered if it could be a type parameter or type member.
When I tried, I ran into a problem with the definitions in the companion
object not having access to the type.

Perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree, but if anyone else has thought about
this, or there are other equally good expressions of the per-request actor
pattern, please let me know.