Hi,

On 26 September 2014 at 06:09:36, tomerneeraj (tomer.nee...@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi,

Any update on below approach?

Just to get more details about our approach from here:

We plan to use Akka Streams during communication with remote actors (created
through cluster aware routers). As of now communication with akka remote actors
is through netty protocol. Will netty communication work here or we need to set
up communication through Akka IO (Spray IO) for communication towards remote
actors for enable back pressure?

Using streams between cluster nodes sounds like a good plan. The streams over
TCP that will be supported out of the box with akka streams will use the akka
IO module.

Any pointers of using Akka streams between local actors within one JVM and
remote actors(across JVM) will be really useful

The streams code is still evolving, and the API is about to change quite a bit,
but you could look at the tests in this branch
https://github.com/akka/akka/tree/release-2.3-dev/akka-stream-tests/src/test

B/

Your thoughts please!!

Regards