Hi Krzysiek!
The singleton should indeed be migrated to another node if it's current
node dies automatically.

What do you see in the logs (about cluster membership, and/or the
singleton)?
Do you have any role requirements on where the singleton can be running?

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Krzysztof Ciesielski <
panciesiel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I'm trying to find the best practice / pattern for electing a new cluster
> singleton in case of clean shutdown. I expected Akka (2.3.4) to handle this
> for me, so that a node which is shutting down will notify the rest and they
> will eventually spin off a new singleton. Looks like that it doesn't happen
> though and I need to do this manually?

Konrad 'ktoso' Malawski
hAkker @ Typesafe

<http://typesafe.com>