Hello Carl,

you are right. It is still an issue and I closed your reported ticket with
the wrong resolution. I have opened a new issue here
<https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/16085>. Using FanoutPublisher is still
a viable workaround.

As to your second problem, it has been fixed
<https://github.com/akka/akka/issues/15900> in 0.9.

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM, <carl.pul...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Martynas,
>
>   looking at the resolution of issue #16058, I see that it is suggested to
> use toFanoutPublisher rather than toPublisher (which produceTo calls).
>
> My first problem is that I’m having difficulty seeing why more than one
> subscribe call is being made here when I materialise a producer? Any help
> or pointers here would be appreciated.
>
> My next problem is that when I replace calls to produceTo (for out1 and
> out2) with:
>

> FlowFrom(out1.publisher(graph)).toFanoutPublisher(x,y).subscribe(out1Probe)
>
> as I have 2 (or more) calls to toFanoutPublisher, I now get a:
>
>   akka.actor.InvalidActorNameException: actor name [fanout] is not unique!
>
> Again, any help here appreciated.
>
> Many thanks,
>
>   Carl.

Martynas Mickevičius