Hi,

I have created Distributed Akka Workers/Master cluster in java and exactly
followed this typesafe
template. https://github.com/typesafehub/activator-akka-distributed-workers

I have the following configurations:

One master and one backup master - each running on a separate node - node1
& node2
4 workers - running on two nodes - node1 & node2

I am currently testing this setup in QA and we are seeing some issues in:

1. Looks like all 4 workers are not doing the work parallel - the Master
--> Worker work assignment is sticking with one worker for a while and then
switching to other worker for a while - both are not getting work parallel

2. WE have 30000 works scheduled to the master through the frontend - it is
taking almost 24 hours to finish all the jobs.

Is there anything that am i doing wrong - how to fine tune this to make it
pure parallel and speed up the jobs execution?

Any pointers and help on this would be highly appreciated.

Worker conf:
----------------
akka {

    actor.provider = "akka.remote.RemoteActorRefProvider"
    #actor.provider = "akka.cluster.ClusterActorRefProvider"

  remote.netty.tcp.port=0
  remote.netty.tcp.hostname=${?http.address}

}

contact-points = [
  "akka.tcp://quoteclustersys...@sv2lxfasasqa207.corp.equinix.com:2561",
  "akka.tcp://quoteclustersys...@sv2lxfasasqa207.corp.equinix.com:2562"]

Master conf:
----------------
akka {
    actor {
        provider = "akka.cluster.ClusterActorRefProvider"
    }
    remote {
        #log-remote-lifecycle-events = off
        netty.tcp {
            hostname = ${?http.address}
            port = 0
        }
    }
    cluster {
seed-nodes = [
"akka.tcp://quoteclustersys...@sv2lxfasasqa207.corp.equinix.com:2561",
"akka.tcp://quoteclustersys...@sv2lxfasasqa207.corp.equinix.com:2562"]

auto-down-unreachable-after = 10s
    }
    extensions = ["akka.contrib.pattern.ClusterReceptionistExtension"]
 persistence {
        journal.plugin = "akka.persistence.journal.leveldb-shared"
        journal.leveldb-shared.store {
          # DO NOT USE 'native = off' IN PRODUCTION !!!
          #native = off
          dir = "/fasejobs/quote/shared-journal"
        }
        snapshot-store.local.dir = "/fasejobs/quote/snapshots"
      }
}

Play akka parallelism config:
-------------------------------------
play {
  akka {
    loggers = ["akka.event.Logging$DefaultLogger"]
    actor {
      default-dispatcher = {
        fork-join-executor {
          parallelism-factor = 50