среда, 29 октября 2014 г., 12:53:34 UTC+3 пользователь Akka Team написал:

> Hi Nikolay,
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Nicholas Ustinov <nust...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>> I'm trying to use akka persistence in our text-processing application.
>> We have a lot of PersistentActor-s (around 150-200) with quite large
>> state objects (100Mb and bigger, up to 1-2G) in single-node installation.
>> Events are of course much smaller, but big enough too.
>> And during saving snapshot we would prefer not to clone state objects,
>> but write them in streaming way to reduce memory consumption.
>> Is it possible now (or is it planned in future?)
>>

> Currently there is no way to stream snapshot data, you need to pass the
> whole thing. It might be a nice feature though.

Well, I think, yes, it would be nice.

>> Overall, what would smbd recommends for working with akka persistence
>> with big state objects?
>>

> Is there any reason why one actor needs to hold that large state? Cannot
> you factor this big chunk of state into smaller actors so that you need to
> snapshot smaller chunks of it?

This is some kind of index. We already split it at domain level, but
unfortunately right now we have no idea how to split it further without
affecting logic too much.
Currently we had to return to basic file-based state saving on per-time
basis and temporarily disable akka persistence usage.