Consider there are 100 messages in the mailbox and the actor is processing
the first.
If the process is killed, what happens to the 99 messages?

When I was searching about this, I came across durable mailboxes, but the
doc says 'durable mailboxes superseded by akka-persistence'.
When I went though akka persistence, it said the actor state can be
persisted, it doesn't talk about mailboxes? using akka-persistence, actors
state can be stored, but what about messages that are in the mailbox and
not received?

can someone please explain?